It's October now and I'm all moved in.
When I had all the floors stripped down to the hardwood I found a floor refinisher. He stripped and sealed the floors in a week. They came out great! Well worth the time and expense.
I waited another week to make sure the finish was good and dry, then I started to empty the storage unit of all the boxes. I borrowed D's pickup every night after work and on my days off. It was hard work and it took me about 7 days, but I got all the boxes and some of the lighter furniture out all by myself. Boy do I have a LOT of stuff!! Too much sewing stuff, too many books!!
Last weekend, with the help of some friends and my sons we moved all the furniture and appliances out of the storage unit. I feel much better now. That was weighing on me. I wasn't sure I could get enough strong men together on the same day. That's me though, I worry about too much. I'm trying to stop that.
The move went real well. D brought his cargo trailer and hand truck, B brought his pickup and a hand truck, J brought his pickup and his invaluable skill at moving, B
brought his strength and his "let's get this done" attitude, and M also brought his strength and willingness to work. We met at the storage unit at 10:30 AM and had everything unloaded at my house by 1 PM. That was only 2 1/2 hours! Much easier than I thought.
Now I just have to figure out where to put everything!
Our May 2018 Quilty Box Winners!
8 hours ago